My mind is jam-packed with worries & 'things to do' that I haven't been focused enough to report the every little goings on in my life. Too, we're so close to living out of boxes, something I haven't done for eight going on nine years. It's just turning my perfectly harmonized life into complete disarray! I was nearly brought to tears & down to my knees when I couldn't find the already-packed hand mixer. It's funny what you think you can do without for a few weeks. I mean, I'm still cooking fully involved meals; I can't pack away the food processor and stand mixer and skewers and immersion blender just yet!
We've done a lot of packing already. I'm hoping that come moving day, it'll be a whole lot of loading and unloading, no last minute packing. We've got a crew of excellent folks helping us out, too. I'd like to give ♥ out to people who have offered to help us move: KMHD. An. Rett. Jeff. You guys are the shining example I give in defense of humans. Really. I've got the dreadful task of calling the utility & cable companies hovering over me. I'm looking for volunteers for that! Heh. Oh, and if anyone knows how to cat whisper, will you notify SOLO & Hot Dog of our impending move and that everything will be o.k.? They know something is going on.
We will be having an open house of sorts as we move in on the weekend of Oct. 30-Nov. 1, which is Halloween/my birthday weekend. I cannot tell you how bummed this makes me. I love Halloween & I LOVE giving out treats to the kiddies. I've heard that children get bussed to Park Hill & gets hit hard, so I won't be able to make my little goody bags, but I did buy a metric shit ton of candy. I'm hoping to at least give out sugary treats, but there will be no dressing up or going out to shows. I also love celebrating birthdays. You won't see me sulking about turning 31. I would never go back, know what I mean? I've thrown my last two parties and they were so themed and so fun. Awww, man. I am straight up pouting over here.
New calendar smell.

I got one of my o-ten calendars. Holidays & birthdays have been filled in. Won't be long (February?) before this thing starts looking a little rough. I think I will go to etsy or buyolympia.com for my other one. A little handmade won't hurtcha! So, I need three; one for work, one for home, one online. Must. Write. Everything. Down. My mind, it just isn't clenching on to info as well as it used to. I have an appreciation for calendars, too. One year. Twelve months. One day at a time. With seasons, traditions, and our rituals to fill in the in-between.
FINALLY! Peace in the house.

1 comment:
I see what you've got written up there on the 14th. YAY!
And Solo's expression on the bottom pic is so awesome. Like, "I'm doing this just for YOU, okay, Mom?"
Our two cats slept on the same bed as well (for the first time!) the other night. They almost even accidentally touched each other!
Post a Comment